Trinity's Services And Food for the Homeless is currently seeking two positions.
- Inventory Specialist (Full Time, with benefits. Starting ASAP)
- Temporary Administrative Assistant (Part-Time, starting December, and working through May)
To apply for either position, email firstname.lastname@example.org, please include a short email telling us a little bit about yourself, which role you are interested in, your work history, and a resume. No phone calls please. Questions can be directed to email.
We are seeking a full-time employee for immediate hire for our Inventory Specialist position to join the team at Trinity's Services.
This role works closely with all members of the staff and oversees all the facilities and operational aspects of our storage and deliveries, in addition to assisting with food service as needed.
As our team is a small one, everyone does a little bit of everything, but there are specific tasks this role works on. They include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving deliveries and properly dating and storing them in a timely manner.
- Complying with food safety practices (If you are not currently trained in food safety, we can provide training.)
- Complete inventories of our food, paper goods, and cleaning/chemical supplies in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and pest free environment.
- Organizing and properly disposing of recycling and trash, working with the sanitation schedule for our building
- Assist with food service hours, ie. taking names of guests as they arrive, assisting with food pantry bags as needed, running food back and forth should we be short staffed/have no volunteers.
- Maintain and clean the outside spaces, including our garden, the sidewalks, and gutters. Assisting with snow removal when needed.
- Oversee and work with volunteers closely. This is very important. All of the above tasks, plus all the related tasks not listed, are practically impossible for one person to do. But as a non-profit, we are very lucky to have dedicated and willing volunteers who want to help out, so the job won't be done alone or by one person! The Inventory Specialist must be willing to engage with and oversee volunteers on a daily basis, teaching them how to do various tasks, and also making sure the tasks delegated to volunteers are completed properly.
The Inventory Specialist reports directly to the Kitchen Director and Executive Director. While some tasks may be assigned by the Directors, we expect the Inventory Specialist to be self-motivated, and able to complete tasks with little oversight.
We want a motivated and independent individual who is able to work in an environment that can shift from slow to fast, very quickly. Please note, this is a physical role. The Inventory Specialist will be required to lift sometimes up to 50+ lbs as part of the daily tasks.
The role includes full benefits (health and dental) and offers paid time off. Work hours are around 7:30am-3:00pm, Monday through Friday, around 35 hours a week. Pay is negotiable. Multiple language skills are a plus, but not required, as we work with populations of people who speak languages other than English.
Trinity's Services is seeking a part-time (around 15 hours a week) Administrative Assistant who will work on a temporary basis starting this month, December 2021, and working through May 2022.
The Administrative Assistant works closely with the Executive Director, assisting in financial aspects of the organization. This includes, bookkeeping, writing checks, assisting with deposits, filing records, assisting with bank reconciliations. Also, this role will assist with record keeping for the soup kitchen and food pantry data (daily meal counts, number of households receiving groceries, etc.)
The ideal person for this role is detail oriented, and will be okay with taking direction. Because we are a small office team (just two people), communication is crucial. Ability to check in and ask questions when unsure is a huge plus. The role requires lots of organization and an ability to self-start.
Familiarity with Quickbooks or prior bookkeeping experience is a plus.